19th February 2020
Second Semester General Convocation (Principal’s Speech)
Dear Students / Active Infobits, Skills & Competences Constructors,
- Dear MIUSCO elected representatives (the President & Team members)
Dear members of Staff, Infobits, Skills & Competences Facilitators,
Dear PSI faculty members,
Dear members of the non-teaching staff,
Good morning and Thank You for joining this College Academic function.
Today’s General Convocation / Assembly is a special moment to sit together and look at what lies ahead of us, in terms of MIUC Academic undertakings.
You are all aware that little by little we are redesigning our Academic Handbook that is almost 10 years old. The review is normally done every 5 years. As this initiative is highly recommended by the CUE, we have taken some steps and among them, let me mention two:
- On 23rd November 2019: MIUC organized Students Academic Workshop
- On 8th January 2020: MIUC organized Teaching Staff Academic Workshop.
In the plan of this 2nd Semester (January – April 2020), apart from the daily routine of the College, the Management is planning two (if not three) other workshops:
- Students Academic Workshop (that was scheduled on 22nd Feb but that is shifted to 29th February 2020)
- Lecturers Academic Workshop 14th March 2020.
The question one may ask himself / herself is: Why & How to do this now?
 Robert J. Stahl (1995). Cognitive Psychology and Constructivism: Concepts, Principles, and Implications within the Social Science Disciplines and Applications for Social Studies Education, p. 21 whereby “Infobit” (plural, “infobits”) is a term coined by Stahl in 1983 to denote any piece or bit of information or data. Cf. also Infoschemata!