30th July 2020
Dear MIUC students / Parents / Guardians & Sponsors,
I hereby – and the Management Board of Marist International University College (MIUC) – sending to you our warm greetings from wherever corner you may be at this moment. I do hope that God has been on your side as Ps. 124 says, “… 2 if the LORD had not been on our side when men attacked us, 3 when their anger flared against us, then they would have swallowed us alive, 4 then the floods would have engulfed us, then the torrent would have overwhelmed us,… Ps. 124: 2-4).” I always thank Him and praise His Name for life and protection.
Difficult times do arise from time to time, like today with Covid-19 and subsequent economic recession, and they leave us somewhat helpless, desperate and doubtful. But let us remember what this great scientist of all times Albert Einstein said, “Let’s not pretend that things will change if we keep doing the same things. A crisis can be a real blessing to any person, to any nation. For all crises bring progress. Creativity is born from anguish, just like the day is born from the dark night. It’s in crisis that inventive is born, as well as discoveries, and big strategies. Who overcomes crisis, overcomes himself, without getting overcome. Who blames his failure to a crisis neglects his own talent, and is more respectful to problems than to solutions. Incompetence is the true crisis …”
Following closely the Directives from the Ministry of Education (Thursday, July 2020), MIUC academic endeavours shall be conducted Online till further notice. MIUC Online Students Registration for 2020/2021 shall kick off from 24th August 2020. MIUC Online Class activities for new students will begin as from Tuesday, 1st September 2020.
1. To our new intake students, MIUC is proposing you:
- Online Learning and Teaching Training: 10th – 14th August 2020
- Induction and Initiation week for new students: 17th – 21st August 2020
- Registration for 2020/2021 students (continuing & new ones) from 24th August 2020.
- Deadline for MIUC Registration (all): 21st September 2020.
Question: Have you considered that MIUC is a better option for your Higher Learning in Kenya?
See to the following reasons:
- MIUC, a Catholic Institution, 34 years-old institution in Kenya
- MIUC, a Constituent College of the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)
- MIUC is under Commission of University Education (CUE) regulations and soon under TVETA Accreditation
- MIUC is located on a 28 acres of land in Karen, suburb of Nairobi, Langata Road, mid-way Bomas of Kenya and Karen town.
- MIUC offers a Master’s Degree in Psycho-Spiritual Therapy & Counselling; Bachelor’s Degrees in Education, Diploma in Education; Bachelor’s Degrees in Business & Management, and Bachelor’s of Arts in Strategic Development Studies, Diploma in Development Studies and Social Work; Diploma in Project Planning and Management of Development Project.
- MIUC is an international and intercultural institution of Higher Learning in Kenya with more than 20 African nationalities
- MIUC Fees Structure are affordable:
a. Bachelor’s Degree student 9,000Ksh per Unit
b. Diploma: 6,000Ksh per Unit
c. Certificate courses: 5,000Ksh per Unit
- MIUC administrative fees are affordable:
Administration (Library, Accident insurance, …): 12,500Ksh (Bachelor’s); 9,000Ksh (Diploma students), and 5,000Ksh (Certificate students); Caution: 2,000Ksh (paid once)
- MIUC Learning and Teaching is based on Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC) and on the 21st Century Skills
- MIUC has a website: www.miuc.ac.ke and uses other Online platforms
- MIUC facilities are well-equipped: Projectors, CCTVs, … & in good care/maintenance:
a. MIUC has an updated Library and an e-Library
b. MIUC has 2 boreholes with clean water
c. MIUC has 2 generators to supply when KPLC is out
d. MIUC has internet connectivity of high-speed
e. MIUC has a Computer Lab, Language Lab and Science Labs
f. MIUC has Sports facilities: Football, Long Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, & Handball
g. MIUC classrooms are wide enough for 20 students and regularly cleaned
h. MIUC has walking paths and Gardens for intimacy and self-recollection
- MIUC offers Staff & Students Trainings: Use of new Technologies (IT & Online Learning / Teaching)
- MIUC has manageable students’ enrolment that allows physical & social distancing (MoH)
- MIUC has competent and professional Teaching Staff & dedicated workers
- MIUC uses a sanitizing booth at the Main Entrance and provides sanitizers in different corners
- MIUC Learning and Teaching environment is friendly and ecologically green
- MIUC finds accommodation for external students and provides transport from & to MIUC
- MIUC conducts Fundraising functions to support needy students
- MIUC welcomes students & staffs from all religious beliefs (Christians, Muslims, …)
- MIUC has a Chaplaincy Department, Counselling Department & several Youth Groups.
2. To our continuing students (Active Infobits, Skills / Competences and Values Constructors), we appreciate your hard working spirit and your great sense of collaboration with MIUC Management Board. We wish we could continue the journey together, upholding the Vision, Mission of MIUC and serving you for a better future. We have planned the following:
- End of Online Trimester classes (those on Trimester Registration): 28th August 2020
- Online Trimester examinations shall kick off on 1st September 2020 – 5th September 2020
- First Semester Online Registration for all students for 2020/2021 as from 24th August 2020
- Online Second Semester Examinations (January – April 2020): 7th – 18th Sept 2020.
- Online Classes for continuing students shall begin from 21st September 2020
- Deadline for MIUC Registration (all): 21st September 2020.
We wish to welcome you all as our dearly esteemed partners and we can insure you that we shall endeavour to meet your expectations. Please, check and pay your fees balances (if any).
May I request you to please advertise MIUC and grow together as a family or a community of learners? Shall I insist? Thanks in advance.
Be blessed and stay safe,
Br. Dr. Albert Nzabonaliba (fms)
Tel (WhatsApp): +254 720 947 037
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org