Marist International University College has a state of the art library which is the nerve center of the academic activities in the college. The library which was set up in 1986 and later moved to a new building has continued to strive to live up to its vision of becoming a center of excellence in terms of provision of up-to-date quality information resources and in a timely manner. Currently, the collection stands at over 43,141 volumes of books, over 130 different journal titles, more than 300 video titles, over 200 DVDs and a couple of educational CD-ROMs’ among other information resource materials. It also subscribes to 38,000 academic e-journals and 7,000 e-books.
To broaden our information resource base, the library is a member of Kenya Religious Inter-library Committee (KRIC), a consortium that has a combined collection of over half a million volume of books. Currently, the consortium is made of institutions such as Catholic University of Eastern Africa, Tangaza University, Hekima University, Consolata Institute of Philosophy, Apostles of Jesus Seminary, ST. Thomas Aquinas Seminary, Don Bosco Utume Theological College, Chemchemi Ya Uzima Institute, African Jesuits Aids Network and Contemplative Evangelizers. To facilitate interlibrary loaning, an electronic union catalogue has been prepared that shows the materials held by each sharing partner, thus enabling library users from these institutions to know what is available in the other libraries.
The library also offers internet facilities through wireless connections for users who would wish to use their own gadgets such as laptops, tablets and smartphones. As a way of improving efficiency, all the library functions are automated. To increase our visibility, the library has an
Institutional Repository where most of our intellectual output in terms of research projects have been uploaded and indexed to facilitate better storage, access and retrieval.
The library is also in the frontier of facilitating exploitation of information resources by imparting information literacy skills such as library skills, Information search strategy and information ethics. The library works closely with the faculty to ensure that its activities are in harmony with other academic programs. It is our appeal to both students and the faculty to make use of this vital facility.
Since its founding in 1986, Marist International University College, has been dedicated to expanding and sharing knowledge, inspiring innovation, and preserving cultural and scientific information for future generations.
MIUC reach is both local and international. MIUC partners with with Research Plus Africa, to strengthen the Kenyan’s community and economy. And it engages with people and institutions across the globe in the quest to promote research, cultural understanding, improve the human condition, delve more deeply into the secrets of the universe, and train the next generation of world leaders.
Marist International University College is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University is located in Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
MIUC Research Team Members
- Br. Vincent de Paul Kouassi
- Br. Peter Awoh
- Sr. Dr. Ngozi
- Mrs. Githinji
- Mr. Samuel Mbogo.
The team will see to that learners/students and staff are involved in Research best practices.
Acoustical Society of America
African Journals Online
EBSCO Host Research Databases
Emerald Group Publishing Ltd
- History; Political Science; Language & Literature; Art & History; Music Mathematics & Statistics; Education
Oxford University Press – Oxford Journals
Cambridge University Press – Cambridge Journals
- British Library Direct
- Nature and Palgrave MacMillan Journals
- Symposium Journals
- Taylor and Francis Journals
- University of California Press – Caliber
- University of Chicago Press
- Wiley – Blackwell- Former Synergy content
Wiley Online library
- Agriculture, architecture, art, computer science, Environment, Humanities, Law, criminology, mathematics, medicine, nursing, physical sciences, social sciences
Economics and politics
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- World Bank Africa Development Indicators
- World Bank ELibrary
- World Bank Global Economic Monitor
- World Bank Online Resources
Health and Medicine
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Cochrane Library(OECD)
- Gale (Thomson Learning) – Academic ASAP and Health & Wellness Resource Centre
- Mary Ann Liebert
- Optical Society of America
Mathematics and Sciences
- Annual reviews (American Institute of Physics)
- Beech Tree Publishing
- American Institute of Physics
- American Physical Society
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- IOP Publishing
- NPG Nature
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal Society for Chemistry
- Royal Society Journals
- Allied Health, Cardiology & Cardiovascular Medicine, Dentistry, Emergency Medicine & Critical Care, Endocrinology & Metabolism, Geriatrics, Neurology, Nursing, Nutrition, Oncology, Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, Otolaryngology, Palliative Medicine & Chronic Care, Pediatrics, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Psychiatry & Psychology, Public Health, Pulmonary & Respiratory Medicine, Research Methods & Evaluation, Surgery, Veterinary Medicine, Life & Biomedical Sciences, Cell Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Materials Science & Engineering, Engineering & Computing, Materials Science, Social Sciences & Humanities, Anthropology & Archaeology, Communication & Media Studies, Criminology & Criminal Justice, Cultural Studies, Economics & Development, Education, Ethnic Studies, Family Studies, Gender Studies, Geography, Gerontology & Aging, Group Studies, History, Information Science, Interpersonal Violence, Language & Linguistics, Law, Management & Organization Studies, Marketing & Hospitality, Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution, Philosophy, Politics & International Relations, Psychoanalysis, Psychology & Counseling, Public Administration, Regional Studies, Research Methods & Evaluation, Science & Society Studies, Social Work & Social Policy, Sociology, Special Education, Theology & Biblical Studies, Urban Studies & Planning